Pervez Musharraf`s farmhouse declared sub-jail
Islamabad: Pervez Musharraf`s sprawling farmhouse here was declared a sub-jail Friday after the former Pakistani president was arrested, a media report said.
Musharraf was arrested this morning, a day after he fled from the Islamabad High Court, which had ordered his arrest in a 2007 case related to the detention of senior judges.
Dawn reported that Pervez Musharraf`s farmhouse at Chak Shahzad on the outskirts of Islamabad was declared sub-jail Friday. He appeared in the court of a judicial magistrate in Islamabad after which he left for his farmhouse.
Musharraf`s bail was cancelled in the judges` detention case by Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui Thursday.
In a written judgement, the court ordered: "He (Musharraf) be taken into custody and dealt with in accordance with law."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list