Pervez Musharraf`s farmhouse declared sub-jail
Islamabad: Pervez Musharraf`s sprawling farmhouse here was declared a sub-jail Friday after the former Pakistani president was arrested, a media report said.
Musharraf was arrested this morning, a day after he fled from the Islamabad High Court, which had ordered his arrest in a 2007 case related to the detention of senior judges.
Dawn reported that Pervez Musharraf`s farmhouse at Chak Shahzad on the outskirts of Islamabad was declared sub-jail Friday. He appeared in the court of a judicial magistrate in Islamabad after which he left for his farmhouse.
Musharraf`s bail was cancelled in the judges` detention case by Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui Thursday.
In a written judgement, the court ordered: "He (Musharraf) be taken into custody and dealt with in accordance with law."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!