Pervez Musharraf`s farmhouse declared sub-jail
Islamabad: Pervez Musharraf`s sprawling farmhouse here was declared a sub-jail Friday after the former Pakistani president was arrested, a media report said.
Musharraf was arrested this morning, a day after he fled from the Islamabad High Court, which had ordered his arrest in a 2007 case related to the detention of senior judges.
Dawn reported that Pervez Musharraf`s farmhouse at Chak Shahzad on the outskirts of Islamabad was declared sub-jail Friday. He appeared in the court of a judicial magistrate in Islamabad after which he left for his farmhouse.
Musharraf`s bail was cancelled in the judges` detention case by Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui Thursday.
In a written judgement, the court ordered: "He (Musharraf) be taken into custody and dealt with in accordance with law."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug