Pervez Musharraf`s flight diverted to Lahore
Lahore: Pervez Musharraf`s chartered flight from Karachi to Islamabad was diverted to Lahore today due to bad weather and the former military ruler had to resume his journey on a Pakistan International Airlines flight.
A Civil Aviation Authority official said Musharraf?s chartered plane left Karachi for Islamabad at 4 pm.
It was diverted to Lahore because of rough weather over the federal capital, he said. Late in the evening, Musharraf left for Islamabad on a PIA flight after authorities declared his small chartered aircraft was not fit to contend with the bad weather.
"Musharraf had to wait for more than two hours at the old airport lounge under extensive security cover," the official said.
PIA spokesman Athar Awan told PTI that Musharraf reserved a seat on flight PK-308 after authorities told him that his chartered plane could not brave the rough weather.
"The PIA flight left at 8.30 pm and was scheduled to reach Rawalpindi airport at 9.25 pm," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16