Pervez Musharraf`s flight diverted to Lahore
Lahore: Pervez Musharraf`s chartered flight from Karachi to Islamabad was diverted to Lahore today due to bad weather and the former military ruler had to resume his journey on a Pakistan International Airlines flight.
A Civil Aviation Authority official said Musharraf?s chartered plane left Karachi for Islamabad at 4 pm.
It was diverted to Lahore because of rough weather over the federal capital, he said. Late in the evening, Musharraf left for Islamabad on a PIA flight after authorities declared his small chartered aircraft was not fit to contend with the bad weather.
"Musharraf had to wait for more than two hours at the old airport lounge under extensive security cover," the official said.
PIA spokesman Athar Awan told PTI that Musharraf reserved a seat on flight PK-308 after authorities told him that his chartered plane could not brave the rough weather.
"The PIA flight left at 8.30 pm and was scheduled to reach Rawalpindi airport at 9.25 pm," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened