Pervez Musharraf`s flight diverted to Lahore
Lahore: Pervez Musharraf`s chartered flight from Karachi to Islamabad was diverted to Lahore today due to bad weather and the former military ruler had to resume his journey on a Pakistan International Airlines flight.
A Civil Aviation Authority official said Musharraf?s chartered plane left Karachi for Islamabad at 4 pm.
It was diverted to Lahore because of rough weather over the federal capital, he said. Late in the evening, Musharraf left for Islamabad on a PIA flight after authorities declared his small chartered aircraft was not fit to contend with the bad weather.
"Musharraf had to wait for more than two hours at the old airport lounge under extensive security cover," the official said.
PIA spokesman Athar Awan told PTI that Musharraf reserved a seat on flight PK-308 after authorities told him that his chartered plane could not brave the rough weather.
"The PIA flight left at 8.30 pm and was scheduled to reach Rawalpindi airport at 9.25 pm," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'