Pervez Musharraf`s flight diverted to Lahore
Lahore: Pervez Musharraf`s chartered flight from Karachi to Islamabad was diverted to Lahore today due to bad weather and the former military ruler had to resume his journey on a Pakistan International Airlines flight.
A Civil Aviation Authority official said Musharraf?s chartered plane left Karachi for Islamabad at 4 pm.
It was diverted to Lahore because of rough weather over the federal capital, he said. Late in the evening, Musharraf left for Islamabad on a PIA flight after authorities declared his small chartered aircraft was not fit to contend with the bad weather.
"Musharraf had to wait for more than two hours at the old airport lounge under extensive security cover," the official said.
PIA spokesman Athar Awan told PTI that Musharraf reserved a seat on flight PK-308 after authorities told him that his chartered plane could not brave the rough weather.
"The PIA flight left at 8.30 pm and was scheduled to reach Rawalpindi airport at 9.25 pm," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon