Pervez Musharraf`s flight diverted to Lahore
Lahore: Pervez Musharraf`s chartered flight from Karachi to Islamabad was diverted to Lahore today due to bad weather and the former military ruler had to resume his journey on a Pakistan International Airlines flight.
A Civil Aviation Authority official said Musharraf?s chartered plane left Karachi for Islamabad at 4 pm.
It was diverted to Lahore because of rough weather over the federal capital, he said. Late in the evening, Musharraf left for Islamabad on a PIA flight after authorities declared his small chartered aircraft was not fit to contend with the bad weather.
"Musharraf had to wait for more than two hours at the old airport lounge under extensive security cover," the official said.
PIA spokesman Athar Awan told PTI that Musharraf reserved a seat on flight PK-308 after authorities told him that his chartered plane could not brave the rough weather.
"The PIA flight left at 8.30 pm and was scheduled to reach Rawalpindi airport at 9.25 pm," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead