Peshawar on high alert following Lahore serial blasts
Peshawar: Following the serial bomb blasts in Lahore, security has been beefed up in Peshawar with officials expressing fears over the city being next on the terror hit list.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) (Operations), Peshawar, Kareem Khan said all security measures have been taken to prevent any untoward incident in the city.
Khan said over 40 persons have been detained by the city police during combing operations across the provincial capital.
Police patrolling has been intensified and a tight vigil is being maintained on all check posts and entry and exit points of the city, The Daily Times reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway