Peshawar on high alert following Lahore serial blasts
Peshawar: Following the serial bomb blasts in Lahore, security has been beefed up in Peshawar with officials expressing fears over the city being next on the terror hit list.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) (Operations), Peshawar, Kareem Khan said all security measures have been taken to prevent any untoward incident in the city.
Khan said over 40 persons have been detained by the city police during combing operations across the provincial capital.
Police patrolling has been intensified and a tight vigil is being maintained on all check posts and entry and exit points of the city, The Daily Times reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery