Petition asks SC to bar Zardari from leaving Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court on Friday sought the federal government`s response to a petition asking it to bar President Asif Ali Zardari from leaving the country after he completes his term next month.
A two-judge bench issued the notice to the government in connection with the petition related to the US military operation that killed Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad in May 2011.
The next hearing is scheduled for September 3, just five days before Zardari completes his presidential tenure.
Zardari`s Pakistan People`s Party has insisted that he will not leave Pakistan after he completes his five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj