Petition asks SC to bar Zardari from leaving Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court on Friday sought the federal government`s response to a petition asking it to bar President Asif Ali Zardari from leaving the country after he completes his term next month.
A two-judge bench issued the notice to the government in connection with the petition related to the US military operation that killed Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad in May 2011.
The next hearing is scheduled for September 3, just five days before Zardari completes his presidential tenure.
Zardari`s Pakistan People`s Party has insisted that he will not leave Pakistan after he completes his five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh