Petition in Lahore court seeks ISI probe against Davis
Lahore: An application filed in a
Pakistani court on Sunday sought a probe by the Inter-Services
Intelligence agency against US official Raymond Davis,
arrested last month for shooting and killing two men.
The application filed in the Lahore High Court by
lawyer Rana Ilamuddin Ghazi was clubbed with a petition asking
the court to direct authorities to submit all records related
Ghazi also claimed that Davis was spending his days in
detention as a "guest" because two barracks equipped with
special facilities had been set aside for him in Kot Lakhpat
He claimed the prison was located far from Lahore and
this could help Davis in "fleeing from the jail".
He alleged that the US wanted his early release as it
feared he would reveal secrets about their missions in
Pakistan and drone attacks.
Ghazi further claimed that the US could launch an
operation to release Davis as there were several instances
when America took such action against the "sovereignty of
The US could try to forcefully get him released or
He contended that it was necessary to hand over Davis
to the ISI so that no one could kidnap him.
He also asked the court to pass orders to shift Davis
from Kot Lakhpat Jail to Lahore Fort.
Another application filed in the Lahore High Court
asked it to direct authorities to submit all certified copies
of diplomatic records regarding Davis.
The application was filed by lawyer Iqbal Jafree in a
pending case asking the court to direct the government not to
hand over Davis to the US.
Though the High Court had restrained the government
from shifting Davis out of its jurisdiction, efforts were
underway to "frustrate the order of the court by manipulation
and tampering of records," Jafree claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur