Petition in Pak court over an American journalist`s book
Lahore: A petition has been filed in a
Pakistani court asking it to direct the ISI to conduct an
inquiry into allegations leveled by American journalist Kim
Barker against PML-N chief and former premier Nawaz Sharif in
her book "Taliban Shuffle".
The petition filed by lawyer Masood Gujjar in the Lahore
High Court says that the Foreign Ministry should be directed
to lodge a strong protest on the allegations with the US
Barker, a former reporter of the Chicago Tribune has
said in her book that Sharif tried to present her an iPhone
and expressed a desire to be her "friend".
Gujjar said in his petition that the allegations
levelled by Barker, who covered Afghanistan and Pakistan, were
part of a character assassination campaign against Sharif for
taking a bold stance in the case of CIA contractor Raymond
Davis, who was arrested in Lahore after he gunned down two
He made Barker and the Foreign Ministry parties to the
petition and requested the court to take action on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'