PIA flight comes under rocket attack at Kandahar airport
Islamabad: A Pakistan International Airlines aircraft was on the runway at Afghanistan`s Kandahar airport when it was attacked with rockets Tuesday though there were no casualties or damage to property, officials said.
The aircraft with 44 people on board was ready to take off for Quetta.
It later flew to Quetta, the capital of Pakistan`s Balochistan province, though the flight was delayed by over an hour, PIA officials said.
All members of the crew and passengers were safe, the officials said.
They said the target of the attack was the Kandahar airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks