PIA flight comes under rocket attack at Kandahar airport
Islamabad: A Pakistan International Airlines aircraft was on the runway at Afghanistan`s Kandahar airport when it was attacked with rockets Tuesday though there were no casualties or damage to property, officials said.
The aircraft with 44 people on board was ready to take off for Quetta.
It later flew to Quetta, the capital of Pakistan`s Balochistan province, though the flight was delayed by over an hour, PIA officials said.
All members of the crew and passengers were safe, the officials said.
They said the target of the attack was the Kandahar airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees