PIA flight comes under rocket attack at Kandahar airport
Islamabad: A Pakistan International Airlines aircraft was on the runway at Afghanistan`s Kandahar airport when it was attacked with rockets Tuesday though there were no casualties or damage to property, officials said.
The aircraft with 44 people on board was ready to take off for Quetta.
It later flew to Quetta, the capital of Pakistan`s Balochistan province, though the flight was delayed by over an hour, PIA officials said.
All members of the crew and passengers were safe, the officials said.
They said the target of the attack was the Kandahar airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations