PIA flight diverted to drop off officer`s daughter in Pakistan
Islamabad: A flight, which took-off from Karachi for Islamabad, took a detour and landed at Lahore to drop off the daughter of an officer with the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), the flag carrier of Pakistan, said a media report Wednesday.
The Islamabad-bound PIA flight, which took off from Karachi, landed at Lahore airport allegedly to drop the airline officer`s daughter, Geo TV quoted sources as saying.
Sources said the flight PK-562 was on the way from Karachi to Islamabad when it was diverted to Lahore to drop the daughter of PIA officer Tariq Javed.
The passengers were informed that the aircraft landed in Lahore due to some technical reasons.
All is not well with PIA and President Asif Ali Zardari had in October 2011 called for implementation of a reform plan to tone it up. The plan called for arresting rising liabilities, stemming general decline and converting PIA into a profitable organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!