PIA flight diverted to drop off officer`s daughter in Pakistan
Islamabad: A flight, which took-off from Karachi for Islamabad, took a detour and landed at Lahore to drop off the daughter of an officer with the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), the flag carrier of Pakistan, said a media report Wednesday.
The Islamabad-bound PIA flight, which took off from Karachi, landed at Lahore airport allegedly to drop the airline officer`s daughter, Geo TV quoted sources as saying.
Sources said the flight PK-562 was on the way from Karachi to Islamabad when it was diverted to Lahore to drop the daughter of PIA officer Tariq Javed.
The passengers were informed that the aircraft landed in Lahore due to some technical reasons.
All is not well with PIA and President Asif Ali Zardari had in October 2011 called for implementation of a reform plan to tone it up. The plan called for arresting rising liabilities, stemming general decline and converting PIA into a profitable organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian
- SBI associates' staff will not be affected by merger: Arun Jaitley
- New study to explore sexual differences in social stress
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic leaves club to join Bundesliga side Hamburg