PIA flight diverted to drop off officer`s daughter in Pakistan
Islamabad: A flight, which took-off from Karachi for Islamabad, took a detour and landed at Lahore to drop off the daughter of an officer with the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), the flag carrier of Pakistan, said a media report Wednesday.
The Islamabad-bound PIA flight, which took off from Karachi, landed at Lahore airport allegedly to drop the airline officer`s daughter, Geo TV quoted sources as saying.
Sources said the flight PK-562 was on the way from Karachi to Islamabad when it was diverted to Lahore to drop the daughter of PIA officer Tariq Javed.
The passengers were informed that the aircraft landed in Lahore due to some technical reasons.
All is not well with PIA and President Asif Ali Zardari had in October 2011 called for implementation of a reform plan to tone it up. The plan called for arresting rising liabilities, stemming general decline and converting PIA into a profitable organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered