PIA flight makes emergency landing in Karachi
Islamabad: A Pakistan International
Airlines flight with 215 passengers on board made an emergency
landing just 20 minutes after taking off from the southern
city of Karachi after the pilot detected a vibration in one of
The Boeing 747 was on a flight to Islamabad.
A spokesman for state-run PIA said "nothing untoward"
has happened and all passengers on flight PK-308 were safe.
Engineers were checking the engines of the aircraft
that had taken off from Karachi at 4 pm, the spokesman said.
Geo News channel reported that the same Boeing 747 had
aborted take-off from Karachi on July 30 after a bird hit one
of its engines.
There was no official word in this regard.
Today`s incident came just five days after an Airbus
A321 of private operator Airblue crashed into hills near
Islamabad, killing all 152 people on board in the country’s
worst aviation accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling