PIA flight makes emergency landing in Karachi
Islamabad: A Pakistan International
Airlines flight with 215 passengers on board made an emergency
landing just 20 minutes after taking off from the southern
city of Karachi after the pilot detected a vibration in one of
The Boeing 747 was on a flight to Islamabad.
A spokesman for state-run PIA said "nothing untoward"
has happened and all passengers on flight PK-308 were safe.
Engineers were checking the engines of the aircraft
that had taken off from Karachi at 4 pm, the spokesman said.
Geo News channel reported that the same Boeing 747 had
aborted take-off from Karachi on July 30 after a bird hit one
of its engines.
There was no official word in this regard.
Today`s incident came just five days after an Airbus
A321 of private operator Airblue crashed into hills near
Islamabad, killing all 152 people on board in the country’s
worst aviation accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?