PIA plane with 187 people makes emergency landing in Karachi
Lahore: A Pakistan International Airlines plane flying to Saudi Arabia with 187 passengers on board made an emergency landing at Karachi airport on Wednesday after its hydraulic system developed a fault, an official said.
The Airbus 310 was flying from Islamabad to Medina this evening when the incident occurred.
Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Pervez George told PTI that the pilot of flight PK-747 detected that the plane`s hydraulic system had developed a fault shortly after the aircraft took off from Islamabad at about 8 pm.
The pilot reported the matter to air traffic control, which suggested he should land at Karachi airport.
"The pilot safely made an emergency landing at 9.22 pm and all passengers remained unhurt," George said.
PIA engineers were examining the aircraft.
After they submitted a report, officials would decide whether the passengers would be flown to their destination in the Airbus or another aircraft, George said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister