Pilotless drone crashes into oil refinery in Pak
Karachi: A pilotless drone of the
Pakistan Navy crashed into an oil refinery here Tuesday, triggering a fire though there were no casualties.
The drone crashed into the National Refinery in
Korangi area of the port city of Karachi.
The aircraft was seen flying at a low altitude before
it crashed, witnesses said.
The drone, which was on a routine surveillance flight,
crashed after striking a bird, naval officials were quoted as
saying by Geo News channel.
The aircraft burst into flames after hitting the ground but the flames were extinguished after a short while.
There were no reports of casualties or damage to
property on the ground.
Police and security forces cordoned off the area and
prevented people and the media from approaching the refinery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed