Pilotless drone crashes into oil refinery in Pak
Karachi: A pilotless drone of the
Pakistan Navy crashed into an oil refinery here Tuesday, triggering a fire though there were no casualties.
The drone crashed into the National Refinery in
Korangi area of the port city of Karachi.
The aircraft was seen flying at a low altitude before
it crashed, witnesses said.
The drone, which was on a routine surveillance flight,
crashed after striking a bird, naval officials were quoted as
saying by Geo News channel.
The aircraft burst into flames after hitting the ground but the flames were extinguished after a short while.
There were no reports of casualties or damage to
property on the ground.
Police and security forces cordoned off the area and
prevented people and the media from approaching the refinery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates