Plane makes emergency landing in Pak, 10 injured
Islamabad: At least 10 people were injured when a passenger plane made an emergency landing at an airport in Pakistan`s Lahore city on Friday, reported Xinhua, citing local media.
According to reports, the accident occurred when a passenger plane of state-run Pakistan International Airline (PIA), carrying around 35 people, slid off the runway while landing due to rainy weather.
Earlier reports said that about 150 passengers were on board.
PIA flight PK-653 that took off from federal capital Islamabad was scheduled to land at 3:15 pm local time at the Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore where it suffered the accident.
A Civil Aviation Authority official told media that the pilot could not make a smooth landing due to some problems in the gear system and water on the runway.
The pilot lost control completely when the left side tyre of the plane burst during the incident and the plane got stuck in the muddy area near the runway.
Emergency was declared at the airport after the incident and the runway was closed for other flights.
Ambulances and fire brigade rushed to the site soon after the incident and took out the passengers from the plane and provided them first aid.
No passenger was shifted to hospital as their injuries were not serious.
According to reports, the right-wing and front lower-part of the plane got partially damaged when it hit the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof