Plane makes emergency landing in Pak, 10 injured
Islamabad: At least 10 people were injured when a passenger plane made an emergency landing at an airport in Pakistan`s Lahore city on Friday, reported Xinhua, citing local media.
According to reports, the accident occurred when a passenger plane of state-run Pakistan International Airline (PIA), carrying around 35 people, slid off the runway while landing due to rainy weather.
Earlier reports said that about 150 passengers were on board.
PIA flight PK-653 that took off from federal capital Islamabad was scheduled to land at 3:15 pm local time at the Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore where it suffered the accident.
A Civil Aviation Authority official told media that the pilot could not make a smooth landing due to some problems in the gear system and water on the runway.
The pilot lost control completely when the left side tyre of the plane burst during the incident and the plane got stuck in the muddy area near the runway.
Emergency was declared at the airport after the incident and the runway was closed for other flights.
Ambulances and fire brigade rushed to the site soon after the incident and took out the passengers from the plane and provided them first aid.
No passenger was shifted to hospital as their injuries were not serious.
According to reports, the right-wing and front lower-part of the plane got partially damaged when it hit the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened