PM Nepal won`t resign immediately: CPN-UML
Kathmandu: Nepalese Prime Minister Madhav
Kumar Nepal will not step down immediately as there are other
issues which needs to be sorted out, his party CPN-UML said
on Wednesday, even as Maoists warned of a fresh agitation if he did
not quit immediately.
After a meeting with Madhav Kumar Nepal and leaders of
Nepali Congress and UCPN-Maoist, UML president Jhalanath
Khanal said the Prime Minister will not resign immediately.
"During the meeting we agreed to develop an
understanding among the major political parties in order to
resolve the current political impasse," he told agency.
Though the party agreed verbally that the Prime
Minister would resign within five days of extending the term
of the Constituent Assembly by one year, Madhav Nepal is not
going to resign immediately as there are other issues which
needs to be sorted out, he said.
"There should be an understanding on six point agenda
developed by the major parties earlier like integration of the
Maoist army, guarantee of a new constitution, returning the
seized property by the Maoists and dissolving their
paramilitary structure before the Prime Minister could
consider his resignation," he said.
The Prime Minister will resign only after an
understanding is reached among the major parties on all these
issues on package basis, he pointed out. The major parties
have agreed to continue their dialogue tomorrow.
Maoists standing committee member Dev Gurung warned
that they would launch fresh agitation if the Prime Minister
did not resign.
Talking to Maitri FM, he said Madhav Nepal should
first resign to end the current political deadlock.
Meanwhile, the Army Integration Special Committee
meeting was postponed today due to the absence of the Maoists.
The AISC will decide about the number and the
modalities of the Maoist combatants to be integrated and those
to be rehabilitated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician