PM not releasing funds for constituencies: PML-Q
Lahore: PML-Q, the new coalition partner of
Pakistan`s ruling PPP, has complained to President Asif Ali
Zardari that Premier Yousuf Raza Gilani is not releasing funds
for its constituencies in line with a power-sharing agreement.
PML-Q spokesman Kamil Ali Agha said that the PPP and
his party had agreed that besides the routine development
funds, the PML-Q would get "special" allocations from the
Prime Minister`s discretionary fund but not a penny had been
released so far.
A total of 14 PML-Q federal ministers and ministers of
state had been included in the government led by the PPP in
the first week of May after PPP chief Zardari and PML-Q head
Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain agreed on a power-sharing formula.
Prime Minister Gilani was not included in the talks
between the two parties and he was reportedly not in favour of
an alliance with the PML-Q.
"After joining the PPP-led coalition at the centre, the
people of our constituencies expect us to do development works
and provide jobs to our workers," Agha said.
The PML-Q`s legislators, especially in Punjab province,
were getting frustrated as they were only pinning hope on the
Prime Minister`s special grant.
"The PML-Q parliamentarians are somehow sitting pretty as
they get funds from the Prime Minister`s routine annual
grant," Agha said.
He expressed the hope that the matter would be resolved
now that it had been brought to the notice of the President.
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?