PM Sharif calls visit to Switzerland after spike in violence
Islamabad: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Sunday cancelled his visit to Davos in Switzerland to attend the World Economic Forum in the wake of a spike in terror attacks, including a bombing that killed 22 Pakistani troops.
"Our nation is united against extremism and terrorism and the sacrifices rendered by our citizens and personnel of law-enforcement agencies will not go in vain," an official statement quoted Sharif as saying.
Earlier, the premier strongly condemned the bomb attack on a military convoy at Bannu in the restive north-west that killed 22 soldiers and injured 38 more.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack and said they would continue targeting security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Case filed in UP court
- Shocking! 'Incorruptible' ex-BSP MLA, family live in tarpaulin tent by roadside - Know why
- 9.6 million US adults highly myopic: Study
- Umami - the Japanese taste sensation hidden in the Indian palate
- Get on the Dragon Boat to relish traditional dim sums at Delhi’s Yauatcha