PM should avoid court appearance in Swiss letter case: Gilani
Islamabad: Former Pakistan premier Yousuf Raza Gilani is of the view that this time the Pakistan Peoples Party should change the strategy, and not let Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf appear before the court.
According to sources, Gilani begged to differ with President Asif Ali Zardari, who thinks Ashraf should appear before the court out of respect, just like Gilani did.
"This time Prime Minister should not produce himself before the court, party leadership should give second thoughts to it, otherwise they would have another Gilani," The News quoted Gilani, as saying.
Many senior ministers too put their weight behind Gilani`s suggestion of not letting Ashraf meet a fate same as Gilani`s.
However, an adamant Zardari said he was well aware of the possible outcome, but the Prime Minister`s not appearing before the court would leave a bad impression. He added that the ultimate beneficiary of this whole ordeal would be the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins