PM should avoid court appearance in Swiss letter case: Gilani
Islamabad: Former Pakistan premier Yousuf Raza Gilani is of the view that this time the Pakistan Peoples Party should change the strategy, and not let Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf appear before the court.
According to sources, Gilani begged to differ with President Asif Ali Zardari, who thinks Ashraf should appear before the court out of respect, just like Gilani did.
"This time Prime Minister should not produce himself before the court, party leadership should give second thoughts to it, otherwise they would have another Gilani," The News quoted Gilani, as saying.
Many senior ministers too put their weight behind Gilani`s suggestion of not letting Ashraf meet a fate same as Gilani`s.
However, an adamant Zardari said he was well aware of the possible outcome, but the Prime Minister`s not appearing before the court would leave a bad impression. He added that the ultimate beneficiary of this whole ordeal would be the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future