PML-F chief Pir Pagara dies
Karachi: Pir Pagara, veteran politician and
spiritual leader of the `Hur` community, has passed away due
to liver infection.
He was 83.
Pagara, also the chief of Pakistan Muslim League-
Functional (PML-F), died at a London hospital on Tuesday.
On January 5, Pagara was flown to London in a special
plane with medical equipment onboard for treatment of his
infected lungs. He was accompanied by his wife, son and PML-F
president Sadruddin Rashdi, and chief Khalifa of the `Hur`
community Qadir Bux Mangrio.
His body is expected to be brought back to Pakistan on
Thursday and the Sindh government has announced three days of
mourning in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai