PML-F chief Pir Pagara dies
Karachi: Pir Pagara, veteran politician and
spiritual leader of the `Hur` community, has passed away due
to liver infection.
He was 83.
Pagara, also the chief of Pakistan Muslim League-
Functional (PML-F), died at a London hospital on Tuesday.
On January 5, Pagara was flown to London in a special
plane with medical equipment onboard for treatment of his
infected lungs. He was accompanied by his wife, son and PML-F
president Sadruddin Rashdi, and chief Khalifa of the `Hur`
community Qadir Bux Mangrio.
His body is expected to be brought back to Pakistan on
Thursday and the Sindh government has announced three days of
mourning in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months