PML-F chief Pir Pagara dies
Karachi: Pir Pagara, veteran politician and
spiritual leader of the `Hur` community, has passed away due
to liver infection.
He was 83.
Pagara, also the chief of Pakistan Muslim League-
Functional (PML-F), died at a London hospital on Tuesday.
On January 5, Pagara was flown to London in a special
plane with medical equipment onboard for treatment of his
infected lungs. He was accompanied by his wife, son and PML-F
president Sadruddin Rashdi, and chief Khalifa of the `Hur`
community Qadir Bux Mangrio.
His body is expected to be brought back to Pakistan on
Thursday and the Sindh government has announced three days of
mourning in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation