PML-F chief Pir Pagara dies
Karachi: Pir Pagara, veteran politician and
spiritual leader of the `Hur` community, has passed away due
to liver infection.
He was 83.
Pagara, also the chief of Pakistan Muslim League-
Functional (PML-F), died at a London hospital on Tuesday.
On January 5, Pagara was flown to London in a special
plane with medical equipment onboard for treatment of his
infected lungs. He was accompanied by his wife, son and PML-F
president Sadruddin Rashdi, and chief Khalifa of the `Hur`
community Qadir Bux Mangrio.
His body is expected to be brought back to Pakistan on
Thursday and the Sindh government has announced three days of
mourning in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city