PML-F chief Pir Pagara dies
Karachi: Pir Pagara, veteran politician and
spiritual leader of the `Hur` community, has passed away due
to liver infection.
He was 83.
Pagara, also the chief of Pakistan Muslim League-
Functional (PML-F), died at a London hospital on Tuesday.
On January 5, Pagara was flown to London in a special
plane with medical equipment onboard for treatment of his
infected lungs. He was accompanied by his wife, son and PML-F
president Sadruddin Rashdi, and chief Khalifa of the `Hur`
community Qadir Bux Mangrio.
His body is expected to be brought back to Pakistan on
Thursday and the Sindh government has announced three days of
mourning in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage