PML-N moves court over Pakistan presidential poll`s date
Islamabad: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif`s party Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) on Tuesday approached the Supreme Court, seeking a change in the date of the presidential election from Aug 6 to July 30.
The ruling party moved the petition in light of the Election Commission`s decision to not defer the earlier date, which it has fixed for Aug 6.
The government had requested for re-scheduling of the election date, saying a number of parliamentarians have proceeded to Saudi Arabia for a pilgrimage to Mecca besides observing Eitkaaf -- spiritual gathering for last 10 days of Ramadan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?