Police: 26 killed in Afghan bus crash
Kabul: Twenty six people were killed when a speeding bus crashed in southern Afghanistan on Monday, police said.
The head of the traffic police for southern Kandahar province, Mohammadullah Khan, said the bus ran off the road in Daman district south of Kandahar city just after dawn today and flipped over.
He said the bus was heading toward the capital of Kabul and was driving well over normal speeds.
He said 26 people were killed in the crash and two injured. He did not say how many people were in the bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!