Police arrests five militants in Pak
Islamabad: Five militants including two
senior Taliban cadres, who were planning to kidnap a diplomat
and attack places frequented by foreigners, were caught by the
Police initially arrested Noor Jehan and Rehmat Gul,
both members of the Qari Hussain group based in the Aurakzai
tribal region and on information provided by them three other
suspects were nabbed.
Two suicide jackets and weapons were seized from the
arrested men who were found to be deserters from the
paramilitary Frontier Constabulary.
One of the arrested Taliban commanders who was
produced before the newsmen wearing a hood said their targets
included five star hotels and a club run for Westerners.
They also claimed they had helped plan a suicide
attack on the UN food agency`s office in Islamabad that killed
five staffers as well as the hit on Pakistan Naval
They had plotted to kidnap the Jordanian Ambassador
and to strike the district court complex, police offices and
other government installations, Bin Yamin said.
The militants also had plans to carry out terrorist
attacks in the federal capital on Pakistan Day today,
Noor Jehan also told investigators that he had been in
contact with Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth