Police baton charge protesting girl students in Pak Punjab
Islamabad: A group of women students of a
medical college in Pakistan`s Punjab province were baton
charged by policemen, an incident that has evoked strong
condemnation from President Asif Ali Zardari.
The students of a medical college in Bahawalpur were
protesting against the college administration yesterday when
policemen baton-charged them.
TV footage showed policemen beating up the girls in
college premises. Several policemen were shown dragging away
the students from hair.
Taking strong note of the incident, Zardari asked the
provincial government to hold an immediate inquiry and take
action against those responsible for ordering police to baton
charge the students.
Zardari said such acts of barbarism against the female
students can neither be tolerated nor allowed under any
He said such public demonstrations of atrocities
deface democracy and also bring a bad name to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India