Police baton charge protesting girl students in Pak Punjab
Islamabad: A group of women students of a
medical college in Pakistan`s Punjab province were baton
charged by policemen, an incident that has evoked strong
condemnation from President Asif Ali Zardari.
The students of a medical college in Bahawalpur were
protesting against the college administration yesterday when
policemen baton-charged them.
TV footage showed policemen beating up the girls in
college premises. Several policemen were shown dragging away
the students from hair.
Taking strong note of the incident, Zardari asked the
provincial government to hold an immediate inquiry and take
action against those responsible for ordering police to baton
charge the students.
Zardari said such acts of barbarism against the female
students can neither be tolerated nor allowed under any
He said such public demonstrations of atrocities
deface democracy and also bring a bad name to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites