Police baton charge protesting girl students in Pak Punjab
Islamabad: A group of women students of a
medical college in Pakistan`s Punjab province were baton
charged by policemen, an incident that has evoked strong
condemnation from President Asif Ali Zardari.
The students of a medical college in Bahawalpur were
protesting against the college administration yesterday when
policemen baton-charged them.
TV footage showed policemen beating up the girls in
college premises. Several policemen were shown dragging away
the students from hair.
Taking strong note of the incident, Zardari asked the
provincial government to hold an immediate inquiry and take
action against those responsible for ordering police to baton
charge the students.
Zardari said such acts of barbarism against the female
students can neither be tolerated nor allowed under any
He said such public demonstrations of atrocities
deface democracy and also bring a bad name to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence