Police detain 18 Pakistanis deported from Uganda
They were rounded up soon after getting off the Emirates Airlines flight, the official Associated Press of Pakistan said.
The group told police that they had received stolen British passports, with changed pictures, from a man in Dubai last month.
The batch later went to Kampala from where they tried to board a London-bound plane.
But their attempt was foiled as Pakistani secret police, acting on a tip-off had already informed authorities in the United Arab Emirates and Uganda to keep a watch on the group.
The group has been detained for further interrogation, it said.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know