Police detain 18 Pakistanis deported from Uganda
They were rounded up soon after getting off the Emirates Airlines flight, the official Associated Press of Pakistan said.
The group told police that they had received stolen British passports, with changed pictures, from a man in Dubai last month.
The batch later went to Kampala from where they tried to board a London-bound plane.
But their attempt was foiled as Pakistani secret police, acting on a tip-off had already informed authorities in the United Arab Emirates and Uganda to keep a watch on the group.
The group has been detained for further interrogation, it said.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP