Police detain 18 Pakistanis deported from Uganda
They were rounded up soon after getting off the Emirates Airlines flight, the official Associated Press of Pakistan said.
The group told police that they had received stolen British passports, with changed pictures, from a man in Dubai last month.
The batch later went to Kampala from where they tried to board a London-bound plane.
But their attempt was foiled as Pakistani secret police, acting on a tip-off had already informed authorities in the United Arab Emirates and Uganda to keep a watch on the group.
The group has been detained for further interrogation, it said.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed