Police detain 18 Pakistanis deported from Uganda
They were rounded up soon after getting off the Emirates Airlines flight, the official Associated Press of Pakistan said.
The group told police that they had received stolen British passports, with changed pictures, from a man in Dubai last month.
The batch later went to Kampala from where they tried to board a London-bound plane.
But their attempt was foiled as Pakistani secret police, acting on a tip-off had already informed authorities in the United Arab Emirates and Uganda to keep a watch on the group.
The group has been detained for further interrogation, it said.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!