Police have arrested 150 outlaws from Pak`s northwest
Peshawar: Police have apprehended over 150
suspects, outlaws and fugitives and seized caches of arms and
drugs during an early morning operation in the restive
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, officials said today.
The operation was ordered by Peshawar police chief
Liaqat Khan in the wake of two attacks yesterday that targeted
policemen. Six persons, including a police officer, were
killed by a suicide attacker and a roadside bomb.
Police conducted raids in different areas of Peshawar
and arrested 33 suspects and five proclaimed offenders or
fugitives, said SSP (Operations) Muhammad Ijaz Khan.
Police also seized two Kalashnikovs, two pistols,
hundreds of rounds of ammunition, five kilograms of hashish
and 10 bottles of alcohol during these raids.
In the Mardan district, 42 proclaimed offenders and 74
outlaws were arrested during search operation.
Police also seized a cache of arms and ammunition,
including seven Kalashnikovs, 22 Rifles, 38 pistols and over
1,684 cartridges of different bores.
Police said the search operation in Mardan will
continue until all "anti-state elements" were rounded up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog