Police set up bunkers outside govt offices, courts in Lahore
Lahore: Acting on intelligence inputs about
fresh terror threats, Pakistani police on Thursday launched the
process of setting up bunkers outside the offices of law
enforcement agencies, courts and the civil secretariat here to
thwart possible attacks.
Intelligence agencies alerted police that the next
possible target of terrorists could be police officials,
judges and bureaucrats.
"Our report from sources says that the terrorists are now
planning to launch a major attack on government functionaries
in Lahore," an official of Crime Investigation Department told
a news agency.
Police commandos will be deployed at the bunkers set up
at strategic locations in view of the nature of the terrorist
threat, said the official, who did not want to be named.
Around 400 policemen have been interviewed by authorities
to join a new anti-terror force being set up by the Punjab
The CID official said the terrorists keep changing their
plans and law enforcement agencies have to frame new
strategies to counter them.
A total of 100 people, including security officials, were
killed in a string of terrorist attacks on two mosques of the
minority Ahmedi sect and a hospital in Lahore during the past
Law enforcement agencies have been on their toes since
then, officials said.
Police reviewed the security apparatus in the city
following directions issued by their higher-ups.
In a related development, a terror suspect was taken into
custody in the Mozang area of Lahore by officials of an
The man, who was not identified, is said to have links
with the recent terror attacks in Lahore.
The suspect was taken to a secret investigation centre
after being blindfolded, witnesses said.
The arrest in the congested Mozang area triggered fear
among local residents.
Since last year, members of the Punjabi Taliban have
carried out several audacious attacks in Lahore.
Offices of the Federal Investigation Agency and ISI were
targeted in these assaults.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon