Polish soldier killed in Afghanistan
Warsaw: Poland`s Defense Ministry says a Polish soldier has died of wounds suffered in an explosion of a roadside bomb in Afghanistan.
The ministry said that Master Cpl. Jan Kiepura was injured early today while on a safety-checking mission with his motorized platoon in the Ghazni province. He received immediate medical aid but could not be saved, said Marek Pietrzak, spokesman for the ministry`s Operations Command.
The 35-year-old is the 40th Polish soldier to be killed in Afghanistan since 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites