Post NATO meet, US drone kills 4 militants in Pak
Islamabad: At least four militants were killed when a US drone fired missiles on a house in Pakistan`s North Waziristan tribal area early Wednesday, officials said.
The unmanned plane fired two missiles on a house in marketplace in Miranshah, the headquarters of North Waziristan, they said.
At least four militants were killed in the attack, the officials said, adding that there was no immediate information about the nationality of those killed in the pre-dawn strike.
The officials said the militants had been using the house for some time.
Several militant groups, including Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and the Haqqani Network, operate in North Waziristan, bordering Afghanistan.
It is the first drone strike in Pakistani tribal region after the Chicago conference. President Asif Ali Zardari, who attended the May 20-21 summit in Chicago, called for a halt to the American drone strikes.
Pakistan`s Parliament last month passed a resolution asking US to stop drone strikes inside the country as it is violation of International law.
The US has rejected calls from Pakistan and insists that drone strikes are effective against the militants, blamed for cross-border attacks into Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why