Post NATO meet, US drone kills 4 militants in Pak
Islamabad: At least four militants were killed when a US drone fired missiles on a house in Pakistan`s North Waziristan tribal area early Wednesday, officials said.
The unmanned plane fired two missiles on a house in marketplace in Miranshah, the headquarters of North Waziristan, they said.
At least four militants were killed in the attack, the officials said, adding that there was no immediate information about the nationality of those killed in the pre-dawn strike.
The officials said the militants had been using the house for some time.
Several militant groups, including Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and the Haqqani Network, operate in North Waziristan, bordering Afghanistan.
It is the first drone strike in Pakistani tribal region after the Chicago conference. President Asif Ali Zardari, who attended the May 20-21 summit in Chicago, called for a halt to the American drone strikes.
Pakistan`s Parliament last month passed a resolution asking US to stop drone strikes inside the country as it is violation of International law.
The US has rejected calls from Pakistan and insists that drone strikes are effective against the militants, blamed for cross-border attacks into Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state