Powell, former Pak PM to co-chair American Pakistan Foundation
Washington: Former US secretary of state Colin Powell and ex-prime minister of Pakistan Moeen Qureshi would co-chair the American Pakistan Foundation.
An initiative of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Foundation is being formally launched on December 11 in New York with its inaugural fund raising gala.
The event, to be attended by eminent Pakistani Americans from across the US, would be addressed by Secretary Clinton, the State Department today said in a statement.
Hillary will speak about the US government`s commitment to a strengthened partnership with the Pakistani American community for a stable and prosperous Pakistan, the statement said.
Founded and led by Pakistani-Americans at a critical moment in Pakistan`s history, the American Pakistan Foundation is dedicated to improving the social and economic condition of the people of Pakistan, it said.
APF`s mission is to expand development initiatives in education, public health, social entrepreneurship, poverty-alleviation, and culture, with a vision to advance mutual understanding between the peoples of the US and Pakistan, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what