Powell, former Pak PM to co-chair American Pakistan Foundation
Washington: Former US secretary of state Colin Powell and ex-prime minister of Pakistan Moeen Qureshi would co-chair the American Pakistan Foundation.
An initiative of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Foundation is being formally launched on December 11 in New York with its inaugural fund raising gala.
The event, to be attended by eminent Pakistani Americans from across the US, would be addressed by Secretary Clinton, the State Department today said in a statement.
Hillary will speak about the US government`s commitment to a strengthened partnership with the Pakistani American community for a stable and prosperous Pakistan, the statement said.
Founded and led by Pakistani-Americans at a critical moment in Pakistan`s history, the American Pakistan Foundation is dedicated to improving the social and economic condition of the people of Pakistan, it said.
APF`s mission is to expand development initiatives in education, public health, social entrepreneurship, poverty-alleviation, and culture, with a vision to advance mutual understanding between the peoples of the US and Pakistan, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!