Powell, former Pak PM to co-chair American Pakistan Foundation
Washington: Former US secretary of state Colin Powell and ex-prime minister of Pakistan Moeen Qureshi would co-chair the American Pakistan Foundation.
An initiative of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Foundation is being formally launched on December 11 in New York with its inaugural fund raising gala.
The event, to be attended by eminent Pakistani Americans from across the US, would be addressed by Secretary Clinton, the State Department today said in a statement.
Hillary will speak about the US government`s commitment to a strengthened partnership with the Pakistani American community for a stable and prosperous Pakistan, the statement said.
Founded and led by Pakistani-Americans at a critical moment in Pakistan`s history, the American Pakistan Foundation is dedicated to improving the social and economic condition of the people of Pakistan, it said.
APF`s mission is to expand development initiatives in education, public health, social entrepreneurship, poverty-alleviation, and culture, with a vision to advance mutual understanding between the peoples of the US and Pakistan, it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump