Powerful petrol bomb blast kills 3 in Nepal
Kathmandu: At least three people, including a woman, were killed on Monday in a powerful petrol bomb blast in the Nepali capital, media reports said.
More than six people were injured -- five of them critically, Xinhua reported.
Local media reports said the blast took place around 1 pm outside the gate of the Nepal Oil Corporation`s central office in Babarmahal area, close to the country`s seat of government Singhadurbar.
The Samyukta Jatiya Mukti Morcha-Bishwokranti (SJMM), an ethnic outfit, has claimed responsibility for the bombing.
Police cordoned off the site immediately after the incident. The injured were admitted to the Bir Hospital.
Local media said a meeting on fuel price hike was underway in the Nepal Oil Corporation`s office when the explosion rocked the building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram