Powerful petrol bomb blast kills 3 in Nepal
Kathmandu: At least three people, including a woman, were killed on Monday in a powerful petrol bomb blast in the Nepali capital, media reports said.
More than six people were injured -- five of them critically, Xinhua reported.
Local media reports said the blast took place around 1 pm outside the gate of the Nepal Oil Corporation`s central office in Babarmahal area, close to the country`s seat of government Singhadurbar.
The Samyukta Jatiya Mukti Morcha-Bishwokranti (SJMM), an ethnic outfit, has claimed responsibility for the bombing.
Police cordoned off the site immediately after the incident. The injured were admitted to the Bir Hospital.
Local media said a meeting on fuel price hike was underway in the Nepal Oil Corporation`s office when the explosion rocked the building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh