Powerful petrol bomb blast kills 3 in Nepal
Kathmandu: At least three people, including a woman, were killed on Monday in a powerful petrol bomb blast in the Nepali capital, media reports said.
More than six people were injured -- five of them critically, Xinhua reported.
Local media reports said the blast took place around 1 pm outside the gate of the Nepal Oil Corporation`s central office in Babarmahal area, close to the country`s seat of government Singhadurbar.
The Samyukta Jatiya Mukti Morcha-Bishwokranti (SJMM), an ethnic outfit, has claimed responsibility for the bombing.
Police cordoned off the site immediately after the incident. The injured were admitted to the Bir Hospital.
Local media said a meeting on fuel price hike was underway in the Nepal Oil Corporation`s office when the explosion rocked the building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog