PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race
Islamabad: The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and its allies on Friday requested Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman to withdraw his candidature from the prime ministerial election, Geo News reported.
However, Rehman said he would consult his party leaders before giving his assent.
PPP leader Khursheed Shah met Rehman at his residence to convey the request.
Shah said they requested Rehman to withdraw his name from the election in favour of the PPP candidate, Raja Pervez Ashraf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?