PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race
Islamabad: The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and its allies on Friday requested Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman to withdraw his candidature from the prime ministerial election, Geo News reported.
However, Rehman said he would consult his party leaders before giving his assent.
PPP leader Khursheed Shah met Rehman at his residence to convey the request.
Shah said they requested Rehman to withdraw his name from the election in favour of the PPP candidate, Raja Pervez Ashraf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva