PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race
Islamabad: The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and its allies on Friday requested Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman to withdraw his candidature from the prime ministerial election, Geo News reported.
However, Rehman said he would consult his party leaders before giving his assent.
PPP leader Khursheed Shah met Rehman at his residence to convey the request.
Shah said they requested Rehman to withdraw his name from the election in favour of the PPP candidate, Raja Pervez Ashraf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!