PPP has become ``Zardari League``: Qureshi
Islamabad: Former Pakistan foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said that the Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) has become the ``Zardari League``.
The News quoted Qureshi, as saying that he has old ties with the Pakistan Muslim League-N chief Nawaz Sharif, adding that he would discuss the political situation with the latter in a meeting today.
Qureshi said he would make an announcement about his political future in a public rally in Ghotki on November 27.
After resigning from his posts in the PPP party, and the National Assembly (NA) earlier this month, Qureshi had insisted that President Asif Ali Zardari was now seeking help from those people who had hurt Benazir Bhutto.
“I had joined the PPP under Benazir Bhutto’s leadership, but this is not the same party anymore, it is Zardari’s league,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing