PPP has become ``Zardari League``: Qureshi
Islamabad: Former Pakistan foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said that the Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) has become the ``Zardari League``.
The News quoted Qureshi, as saying that he has old ties with the Pakistan Muslim League-N chief Nawaz Sharif, adding that he would discuss the political situation with the latter in a meeting today.
Qureshi said he would make an announcement about his political future in a public rally in Ghotki on November 27.
After resigning from his posts in the PPP party, and the National Assembly (NA) earlier this month, Qureshi had insisted that President Asif Ali Zardari was now seeking help from those people who had hurt Benazir Bhutto.
“I had joined the PPP under Benazir Bhutto’s leadership, but this is not the same party anymore, it is Zardari’s league,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya