PPP is `poorest` party in Pakistan
Islamabad: The ruling Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) was among the "poorest" political parties in the country based on its assets, the election commission has said.
The Election Commission on Wednesday released details of assets of all political parties for the financial year 2010-11, the Dawn reported.
The PPP, registered under the name of PPP-Parliamentarians, had only Rs 435,397 in its account till June 30, 2010, with no immovable property anywhere in the country.
The PPP said it spent only Rs 348 during the entire financial year.
The Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PMl-Q) was among the richest parties.
It had assets worth Rs 51.91 million, which included a house worth Rs 23 million in Islamabad. The PML-Q spent Rs 11.9 million during the financial year.
The Dawn said that the PML-Nawaz also mentioned the same property among its assets worth Rs 33.5 million.
The PML-N`s party office in Karachi is worth Rs 50 million and it also has Rs 6.3 million in its bank accounts in Islamabad.
The Awami National Party said it has a fixed asset of Rs 27.22 million while the Jamaat-i-Islami showed a bank balance of Rs 5.4 million.
Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf said it has immovable assets worth Rs 4 million and Rs 32.62 million in its bank account. Almost all the amount was contributed by Imran himself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested