PPP is `poorest` party in Pakistan
Islamabad: The ruling Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) was among the "poorest" political parties in the country based on its assets, the election commission has said.
The Election Commission on Wednesday released details of assets of all political parties for the financial year 2010-11, the Dawn reported.
The PPP, registered under the name of PPP-Parliamentarians, had only Rs 435,397 in its account till June 30, 2010, with no immovable property anywhere in the country.
The PPP said it spent only Rs 348 during the entire financial year.
The Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PMl-Q) was among the richest parties.
It had assets worth Rs 51.91 million, which included a house worth Rs 23 million in Islamabad. The PML-Q spent Rs 11.9 million during the financial year.
The Dawn said that the PML-Nawaz also mentioned the same property among its assets worth Rs 33.5 million.
The PML-N`s party office in Karachi is worth Rs 50 million and it also has Rs 6.3 million in its bank accounts in Islamabad.
The Awami National Party said it has a fixed asset of Rs 27.22 million while the Jamaat-i-Islami showed a bank balance of Rs 5.4 million.
Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf said it has immovable assets worth Rs 4 million and Rs 32.62 million in its bank account. Almost all the amount was contributed by Imran himself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx spacecraft to map surface of asteroid 'Bennu' – Watch video!
- Swanky new Deen Dayal coaches for unreserved Rail passengers –Check out pics
- Five youth killed as car overturns on Pune-Mumbai Expressway
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann writes to LS Speaker, seeks probe against PM Modi for jeopardising national security
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you