`PPP, Musharraf became partners post 2008 polls`
Quetta: Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) chief Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain has revealed that his party had helped the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) form a coalition government in Balochistan at the request of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf.
“The PML-Q had 17 to 19 lawmakers in Balochistan – but I couldn’t put together a government. And then former president Pervez Musharraf asked us to help the PPP form a coalition government in the province. Following the 2008 general election the PPP and Musharraf had become partners,” The Express Tribune quoted Shujaat, as saying.
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) said Chaudhry Shujaat has revealed only the partial truth.
“He’s not spoken the whole truth. The PML-Q and PPP were a team for the approval of infamous National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO),” PML-N Information Secretary Senator Mushahidullah Khan said.
“The alliance between the PPP and Musharraf was unholy. But I don’t think PML-Q’s lawmakers in the Balochistan Assembly are still under the command of Chaudhry Shujaat,” he added.
PPP Information Secretary Qamar Zaman Kaira refused to comment on Chaudhry Shujaat’s statement.
Shujaat also tried to distance himself and his party from former Baloch chieftain Nawab Akbar Bugti’s assassination.
“Bugti always trusted me and Mushahid Hussain Sayed (PML-Q secretary general) and our party is not the killer of Nawab Bugti,” he added.
Bugti was killed in a military operation in the Bhamboor mountain range near Kohlu district in August 2006.
The Balochistan government had issued arrest warrants for Musharraf and former prime minister Shaukat Aziz on the orders of the High Court in connection with Bugti’s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!