`PPP, Musharraf became partners post 2008 polls`
Quetta: Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) chief Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain has revealed that his party had helped the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) form a coalition government in Balochistan at the request of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf.
“The PML-Q had 17 to 19 lawmakers in Balochistan – but I couldn’t put together a government. And then former president Pervez Musharraf asked us to help the PPP form a coalition government in the province. Following the 2008 general election the PPP and Musharraf had become partners,” The Express Tribune quoted Shujaat, as saying.
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) said Chaudhry Shujaat has revealed only the partial truth.
“He’s not spoken the whole truth. The PML-Q and PPP were a team for the approval of infamous National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO),” PML-N Information Secretary Senator Mushahidullah Khan said.
“The alliance between the PPP and Musharraf was unholy. But I don’t think PML-Q’s lawmakers in the Balochistan Assembly are still under the command of Chaudhry Shujaat,” he added.
PPP Information Secretary Qamar Zaman Kaira refused to comment on Chaudhry Shujaat’s statement.
Shujaat also tried to distance himself and his party from former Baloch chieftain Nawab Akbar Bugti’s assassination.
“Bugti always trusted me and Mushahid Hussain Sayed (PML-Q secretary general) and our party is not the killer of Nawab Bugti,” he added.
Bugti was killed in a military operation in the Bhamboor mountain range near Kohlu district in August 2006.
The Balochistan government had issued arrest warrants for Musharraf and former prime minister Shaukat Aziz on the orders of the High Court in connection with Bugti’s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand