PPP reaped what it sowed: Nawaz Sharif
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday hit out at the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), a day after Yousuf Raza Gilani was disqualified as Pakistan`s Prime Minister in a contempt case, saying "they reaped what they sowed by clashing with the judiciary”.
"Gilani had to go home in shame. We were with the judiciary in the past, and firmly stand with it today, but disqualification of the prime minister will not solve the real issue, which is to bring back the plundered money from Swiss banks," The Express Tribune quoted Sharif, as saying.
"Today, Pakistan is standing alone in the international community due to wrong policies of the present government. PPP plundered public wealth and transferred it to Swiss banks. We will bring public money back to the country," he said.
Addressing a rally in Swat valley, Sharif said his party would bring about revolutionary change in the development sector of Swat.
"PML-N will change things here and serve the people as it has done in the past," he said, adding that the Punjab government will be constructing a kidney hospital in Swat at a cost of Rs 760 million.
PML-N leader Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan also criticised Imran Khan by making an indirect reference to the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief.
"Those who talk about tsunami all the time are not aware of real politics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH