PPP reaped what it sowed: Nawaz Sharif
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday hit out at the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), a day after Yousuf Raza Gilani was disqualified as Pakistan`s Prime Minister in a contempt case, saying "they reaped what they sowed by clashing with the judiciary”.
"Gilani had to go home in shame. We were with the judiciary in the past, and firmly stand with it today, but disqualification of the prime minister will not solve the real issue, which is to bring back the plundered money from Swiss banks," The Express Tribune quoted Sharif, as saying.
"Today, Pakistan is standing alone in the international community due to wrong policies of the present government. PPP plundered public wealth and transferred it to Swiss banks. We will bring public money back to the country," he said.
Addressing a rally in Swat valley, Sharif said his party would bring about revolutionary change in the development sector of Swat.
"PML-N will change things here and serve the people as it has done in the past," he said, adding that the Punjab government will be constructing a kidney hospital in Swat at a cost of Rs 760 million.
PML-N leader Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan also criticised Imran Khan by making an indirect reference to the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief.
"Those who talk about tsunami all the time are not aware of real politics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad