PPP under fire for organising party inside Sindh assembly
Islamabad: JUI chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman today pledged his party`s unconditional support to Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf`s decision to block NATO supplies to Afghanistan through Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
The Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam chief stressed that there is a need to assess the situation following the killing of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Hakimullah Mehsud in drone attack carried out by the CIA.
"There is a dire need for another All Parties Conference (APC) in the aftermath of the killing," Rehman said.
"Following the APC, efforts were underway to get the country out of crisis. However, the drone attacks have changed the situation and the dialogue with Taliban has been affected," he was quoted as saying by Dawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'