PPP will never let democracy derail in Pak: Zardari
Karachi: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has pledged to defend the democratic system in the country, saying that the ruling Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has a firm belief in the politics of reconciliation, and will never let democracy derail.
Zardari also said that the PPP would continue diverting its energies towards welfare of the masses.
“The present democratic system will not be allowed to derail. Our reconciliation policy will continue at every cost,” the Daily Times quoted Zardari, as saying.
The President further expressed apprehensions over the ongoing process of horse-trading in Punjab, and called it as a violation the Charter of Democracy (CoD).
He said that if the Punjab Cabinet was dissolved and PPP ministers were sacked, the PPP would play the role of an effective opposition in Punjab and would never resort to any undemocratic move.
“The PPP always has been a democratic party and the CoD is binding on it,” Zardari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!