Prabhakaran son’s `execution footage` out
Colombo: In a shocking video telecast on UK’s Channel 4, slain Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) chief Velupillai Prabhakaran’s son is shown dead with five bullet holes in his chest.
The May 18, 2009 footage of the 12-year-old was screened at the FIFDH film festival in Geneva on Sunday night and is expected to be aired by Channel 4 on Wednesday at 10.55 pm (04.25 IST Thursday).
According to reports, the Channel 4`s shocking new video is said to be a `trophy video` shot by Sri Lankan troops which were present during the cold-blooded execution of the Prabhakaran’s family.
In the meantime, the Sri Lankan High Commission in London has reportedly "categorically rejected the malicious allegations" of the 60-minute documentary titled `Sri Lanka`s Killing Fields: War Crimes Unpunished`.
The footage will embarrass the Sri Lankan delegation at the UNHRC session.
Last year, Channel 4 showed a documentary titled Sri Lanka`s Killing Fields that highlighted executions of LTTE cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport