Prabhakaran son’s `execution footage` out
Colombo: In a shocking video telecast on UK’s Channel 4, slain Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) chief Velupillai Prabhakaran’s son is shown dead with five bullet holes in his chest.
The May 18, 2009 footage of the 12-year-old was screened at the FIFDH film festival in Geneva on Sunday night and is expected to be aired by Channel 4 on Wednesday at 10.55 pm (04.25 IST Thursday).
According to reports, the Channel 4`s shocking new video is said to be a `trophy video` shot by Sri Lankan troops which were present during the cold-blooded execution of the Prabhakaran’s family.
In the meantime, the Sri Lankan High Commission in London has reportedly "categorically rejected the malicious allegations" of the 60-minute documentary titled `Sri Lanka`s Killing Fields: War Crimes Unpunished`.
The footage will embarrass the Sri Lankan delegation at the UNHRC session.
Last year, Channel 4 showed a documentary titled Sri Lanka`s Killing Fields that highlighted executions of LTTE cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh's wife led to his arrest?