Prabhakaran son’s `execution footage` out
Colombo: In a shocking video telecast on UK’s Channel 4, slain Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) chief Velupillai Prabhakaran’s son is shown dead with five bullet holes in his chest.
The May 18, 2009 footage of the 12-year-old was screened at the FIFDH film festival in Geneva on Sunday night and is expected to be aired by Channel 4 on Wednesday at 10.55 pm (04.25 IST Thursday).
According to reports, the Channel 4`s shocking new video is said to be a `trophy video` shot by Sri Lankan troops which were present during the cold-blooded execution of the Prabhakaran’s family.
In the meantime, the Sri Lankan High Commission in London has reportedly "categorically rejected the malicious allegations" of the 60-minute documentary titled `Sri Lanka`s Killing Fields: War Crimes Unpunished`.
The footage will embarrass the Sri Lankan delegation at the UNHRC session.
Last year, Channel 4 showed a documentary titled Sri Lanka`s Killing Fields that highlighted executions of LTTE cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption