Prabhakaran son’s `execution footage` out
Colombo: In a shocking video telecast on UK’s Channel 4, slain Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) chief Velupillai Prabhakaran’s son is shown dead with five bullet holes in his chest.
The May 18, 2009 footage of the 12-year-old was screened at the FIFDH film festival in Geneva on Sunday night and is expected to be aired by Channel 4 on Wednesday at 10.55 pm (04.25 IST Thursday).
According to reports, the Channel 4`s shocking new video is said to be a `trophy video` shot by Sri Lankan troops which were present during the cold-blooded execution of the Prabhakaran’s family.
In the meantime, the Sri Lankan High Commission in London has reportedly "categorically rejected the malicious allegations" of the 60-minute documentary titled `Sri Lanka`s Killing Fields: War Crimes Unpunished`.
The footage will embarrass the Sri Lankan delegation at the UNHRC session.
Last year, Channel 4 showed a documentary titled Sri Lanka`s Killing Fields that highlighted executions of LTTE cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets