Prachanda accuses govt of trying to disrupt peace process
Kathmandu: Holding the government responsible for killing of landless squatters in Kailali district in western Nepal, Maoist leader Pushpa Kamal Dahal `Prachanda` said this was aimed at derailing the peace process.
"The recent killing of landless people at Dudejhari forest in Kailali district is part of the government`s plot to derail the peace process," Prachanda said.
Five landless squatters and a policeman were killed during a clash in Kailali last week, where policemen had allegedly dismantled thousands of temporary shelters built by landless people with the support of local Maoists by clearing the forest.
"The government knows that the peace process would benefit the poor, landless and eventually the Maoists," he said here yesterday during the launch of a photo exhibition titled ‘From Civil War to Peace Accord’, and added "that is why the government is trying to disrupt the peace process."
The government, meanwhile, has formed a Landless Squatters Commission to look into the Kailali incident. Prachanda also warned of launching a massive agitation in protest against the Dudejhari incident if a political consensus on the incident could not be forged on the issue by December 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon