Prachanda meets Indian envoy in Nepal
Kathmandu: As political crisis deepened in
Nepal over demand for a change in government with the Maoists`
cadres paralysing life in the country for the fifth day in a
row, party chief Prachanda on Thursday met Indian Ambassador Rakesh
The meeting in the wake of efforts being made by
ruling coalition government to diffuse the crisis by feelers
to the Maoists comes at a time when main opposition is
reportedly fanning anti-India feelings.
The meeting took place at Prachanda`s residence at
Nayabazaar in Kathmandu. The Maoists did not disclose the
details of the meeting.
Senior Maoist leader Ram Karki yesterday left for
India to meet leftist leaders. His visit is regarded here as
an effort by the Maoist leadership to lobby India`s leftist
groups in their favour.
Meanwhile, Norwegian Ambassador to Nepal Thor Gislesen
and Country Director of Carter Center Sarah Levitshore
separately met vice-chairman of UCPN-Maoist Baburam Bhattarai
on Thursday and discussed the current political situation.
During meeting, Gislesen expressed his country`s
willingness to play a role in ending the longstanding
political deadlock in Nepal, according to media reports.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference