Prachanda meets Indian envoy in Nepal
Kathmandu: As political crisis deepened in
Nepal over demand for a change in government with the Maoists`
cadres paralysing life in the country for the fifth day in a
row, party chief Prachanda on Thursday met Indian Ambassador Rakesh
The meeting in the wake of efforts being made by
ruling coalition government to diffuse the crisis by feelers
to the Maoists comes at a time when main opposition is
reportedly fanning anti-India feelings.
The meeting took place at Prachanda`s residence at
Nayabazaar in Kathmandu. The Maoists did not disclose the
details of the meeting.
Senior Maoist leader Ram Karki yesterday left for
India to meet leftist leaders. His visit is regarded here as
an effort by the Maoist leadership to lobby India`s leftist
groups in their favour.
Meanwhile, Norwegian Ambassador to Nepal Thor Gislesen
and Country Director of Carter Center Sarah Levitshore
separately met vice-chairman of UCPN-Maoist Baburam Bhattarai
on Thursday and discussed the current political situation.
During meeting, Gislesen expressed his country`s
willingness to play a role in ending the longstanding
political deadlock in Nepal, according to media reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days