Prachanda meets Indian envoy in Nepal
Kathmandu: As political crisis deepened in
Nepal over demand for a change in government with the Maoists`
cadres paralysing life in the country for the fifth day in a
row, party chief Prachanda on Thursday met Indian Ambassador Rakesh
The meeting in the wake of efforts being made by
ruling coalition government to diffuse the crisis by feelers
to the Maoists comes at a time when main opposition is
reportedly fanning anti-India feelings.
The meeting took place at Prachanda`s residence at
Nayabazaar in Kathmandu. The Maoists did not disclose the
details of the meeting.
Senior Maoist leader Ram Karki yesterday left for
India to meet leftist leaders. His visit is regarded here as
an effort by the Maoist leadership to lobby India`s leftist
groups in their favour.
Meanwhile, Norwegian Ambassador to Nepal Thor Gislesen
and Country Director of Carter Center Sarah Levitshore
separately met vice-chairman of UCPN-Maoist Baburam Bhattarai
on Thursday and discussed the current political situation.
During meeting, Gislesen expressed his country`s
willingness to play a role in ending the longstanding
political deadlock in Nepal, according to media reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!