Prachanda`s son suspended from Maoist party over `extramarital affair`
Kathmandu: Nepal`s ruling UCPN-Maoist has suspended its supremo Prachanda`s son Prakash Dahal from the party as also from a powerful state affairs committee over his alleged extramarital affair with a student leader.
Prakash has been suspended from the party`s ordinary membership and Newa State Committee as his public activities were in question, Maoist spokesperson Dinanath Sharma told reporters.
According to party sources, the decision was taken during the UCPN-Maoist`s Politburo meeting.
29-year-old Prakash, who got married for the second time two years ago and has a year-old son, is having an "affair" with student leader Bina Magar, local media reported. Magar is also married.
Both of them are reportedly not in contact with their families for the past five days.
Rumours about their relationship started doing the rounds after both of them returned from an Everest expedition recently.
Prakash, accompanied by seven people, including Magar, had scaled the highest peak of the world under the banner of the Lumbini-Mount Everest Peace March 2012.
His May 26 Everest mission was carried out with the objective of accomplishing peace and a new Constitution for the country on time.
Magar is the President of the Free Students Union of Saraswoti Campus and a central committee member of All Nepal National Independent Students Union (Revolutionary).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands