Prachanda`s son suspended from Maoist party over `extramarital affair`
Kathmandu: Nepal`s ruling UCPN-Maoist has suspended its supremo Prachanda`s son Prakash Dahal from the party as also from a powerful state affairs committee over his alleged extramarital affair with a student leader.
Prakash has been suspended from the party`s ordinary membership and Newa State Committee as his public activities were in question, Maoist spokesperson Dinanath Sharma told reporters.
According to party sources, the decision was taken during the UCPN-Maoist`s Politburo meeting.
29-year-old Prakash, who got married for the second time two years ago and has a year-old son, is having an "affair" with student leader Bina Magar, local media reported. Magar is also married.
Both of them are reportedly not in contact with their families for the past five days.
Rumours about their relationship started doing the rounds after both of them returned from an Everest expedition recently.
Prakash, accompanied by seven people, including Magar, had scaled the highest peak of the world under the banner of the Lumbini-Mount Everest Peace March 2012.
His May 26 Everest mission was carried out with the objective of accomplishing peace and a new Constitution for the country on time.
Magar is the President of the Free Students Union of Saraswoti Campus and a central committee member of All Nepal National Independent Students Union (Revolutionary).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends