Prachanda`s son suspended from Maoist party over `extramarital affair`
Kathmandu: Nepal`s ruling UCPN-Maoist has suspended its supremo Prachanda`s son Prakash Dahal from the party as also from a powerful state affairs committee over his alleged extramarital affair with a student leader.
Prakash has been suspended from the party`s ordinary membership and Newa State Committee as his public activities were in question, Maoist spokesperson Dinanath Sharma told reporters.
According to party sources, the decision was taken during the UCPN-Maoist`s Politburo meeting.
29-year-old Prakash, who got married for the second time two years ago and has a year-old son, is having an "affair" with student leader Bina Magar, local media reported. Magar is also married.
Both of them are reportedly not in contact with their families for the past five days.
Rumours about their relationship started doing the rounds after both of them returned from an Everest expedition recently.
Prakash, accompanied by seven people, including Magar, had scaled the highest peak of the world under the banner of the Lumbini-Mount Everest Peace March 2012.
His May 26 Everest mission was carried out with the objective of accomplishing peace and a new Constitution for the country on time.
Magar is the President of the Free Students Union of Saraswoti Campus and a central committee member of All Nepal National Independent Students Union (Revolutionary).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what