Pray for `forgiveness` of sins: Hafiz Saeed to Pak
Lahore: Lashkar-e-Taiba founder and
Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has issued
advertisements in Pakistani newspapers asking people to seek
"forgiveness from God for their sins" so that they could be
spared from calamities like floods and dengue outbreak.
The advertisement printed simultaneously by the Urdu
newspapers Nawa-e-Waqt, Express, Pakistan, Khabrain, Waqt and
Din yesterday featured an appeal by Saeed, who said floods
and the dengue virus had caused havoc in Sindh and Punjab
provinces and the people were dejected and in despair.
"And this is because of our sins and disobeying God," said
Saeed, the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
"It is time that our rulers and the people should seek
pardon from God for their sins so that God has mercy on us and
spares us from these calamities and makes the country a
peaceful state," he said.
Saeed asked the people to donate generously for those
affected by the floods in Sindh.
The Nawa-e-Waqt daily carried the advertisement on its
front page while the others had it on their back and other
A leader of a political party, who did not wish to be
named, expressed concern at the "expensive advertisement" and
questioned its funding.
"How is the JuD, which claims to be a charity
organisation, spending people`s money on its cheap publicity
through such ads?" he asked.
The politician said he felt the government should take
note of such developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL