Pray for `forgiveness` of sins: Hafiz Saeed to Pak
Lahore: Lashkar-e-Taiba founder and
Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has issued
advertisements in Pakistani newspapers asking people to seek
"forgiveness from God for their sins" so that they could be
spared from calamities like floods and dengue outbreak.
The advertisement printed simultaneously by the Urdu
newspapers Nawa-e-Waqt, Express, Pakistan, Khabrain, Waqt and
Din yesterday featured an appeal by Saeed, who said floods
and the dengue virus had caused havoc in Sindh and Punjab
provinces and the people were dejected and in despair.
"And this is because of our sins and disobeying God," said
Saeed, the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
"It is time that our rulers and the people should seek
pardon from God for their sins so that God has mercy on us and
spares us from these calamities and makes the country a
peaceful state," he said.
Saeed asked the people to donate generously for those
affected by the floods in Sindh.
The Nawa-e-Waqt daily carried the advertisement on its
front page while the others had it on their back and other
A leader of a political party, who did not wish to be
named, expressed concern at the "expensive advertisement" and
questioned its funding.
"How is the JuD, which claims to be a charity
organisation, spending people`s money on its cheap publicity
through such ads?" he asked.
The politician said he felt the government should take
note of such developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!