Pray for `forgiveness` of sins: Hafiz Saeed to Pak
Lahore: Lashkar-e-Taiba founder and
Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has issued
advertisements in Pakistani newspapers asking people to seek
"forgiveness from God for their sins" so that they could be
spared from calamities like floods and dengue outbreak.
The advertisement printed simultaneously by the Urdu
newspapers Nawa-e-Waqt, Express, Pakistan, Khabrain, Waqt and
Din yesterday featured an appeal by Saeed, who said floods
and the dengue virus had caused havoc in Sindh and Punjab
provinces and the people were dejected and in despair.
"And this is because of our sins and disobeying God," said
Saeed, the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
"It is time that our rulers and the people should seek
pardon from God for their sins so that God has mercy on us and
spares us from these calamities and makes the country a
peaceful state," he said.
Saeed asked the people to donate generously for those
affected by the floods in Sindh.
The Nawa-e-Waqt daily carried the advertisement on its
front page while the others had it on their back and other
A leader of a political party, who did not wish to be
named, expressed concern at the "expensive advertisement" and
questioned its funding.
"How is the JuD, which claims to be a charity
organisation, spending people`s money on its cheap publicity
through such ads?" he asked.
The politician said he felt the government should take
note of such developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read