President Karzai prays for welfare of Afghans
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Sunday prayed for the welfare and prosperity of his country on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
"On this auspicious day, Eid-ul-Fitr, I pray before almighty Allah to end the suffering of the people of Afghanistan and bring prosperity," Xinhua quoted Karzai as saying in a short speech at the Presidential Palace.
Karzai called upon the Taliban to seek pardon from the nation for carrying out subversive activities during the holy month of Ramadan, which killed scores of people, mostly civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok