President Karzai prays for welfare of Afghans
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Sunday prayed for the welfare and prosperity of his country on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
"On this auspicious day, Eid-ul-Fitr, I pray before almighty Allah to end the suffering of the people of Afghanistan and bring prosperity," Xinhua quoted Karzai as saying in a short speech at the Presidential Palace.
Karzai called upon the Taliban to seek pardon from the nation for carrying out subversive activities during the holy month of Ramadan, which killed scores of people, mostly civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites