President Karzai prays for welfare of Afghans
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Sunday prayed for the welfare and prosperity of his country on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
"On this auspicious day, Eid-ul-Fitr, I pray before almighty Allah to end the suffering of the people of Afghanistan and bring prosperity," Xinhua quoted Karzai as saying in a short speech at the Presidential Palace.
Karzai called upon the Taliban to seek pardon from the nation for carrying out subversive activities during the holy month of Ramadan, which killed scores of people, mostly civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply