President Zardari calls for renewed resolve to fight terrorism
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on Friday called for a renewed resolve to fight terrorism and defend the country from all kinds of external and internal threats.
"Let us also pay homage to our sons and daughters who laid down their lives in the defence of the motherland. Their sacrifices will never go in vain," Zardari said in his message on Pakistan`s annual Defence Day on Friday.
The need to imbibe the spirit of September 6 this year was even greater as the country was confronted with a new and far more serious challenge to its existence from the militants, extremists and fanatics, state-run APP news agency quoted President Zardari as saying.
He said that no other nation has paid such a heavy price as the people of Pakistan in fighting the militants and to safeguard their right to live in accordance with the democratic values for which Pakistan was created.
"We salute the people for demonstrating exemplary unity and armed forces for their valour and courage," he said.
Zardari said September 6 was no ordinary day for Pakistan. Back in 1965 on this day, the people of Pakistan closed their ranks in standing behind the armed forces of the country to face a serious threat to the country, he said.
In his message, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said the `Defence Day` "helps us in reinvigorating the spirit of patriotism as the country is facing multiple security challenges in shape of extremism? terrorism and external aggression".
He said the entire nation stands alongside the defence forces to thwart all evil designs of enemies of Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!