Presidents of Pakistan, Turkey discuss Afghan war
kara: The presidents of Turkey
and Pakistan are meeting in Ankara, and they are expected to
discuss the possibility of Turkey hosting a political office
for Taliban militants from Afghanistan in order to promote
talks to end the war there.
President Abdullah Gul and Pakistani President Asif
Ali Zardari are scheduled to hold a news conference later
Any solution to the Afghan conflict would likely
require the support of Pakistan, and in particular elements of
its security forces that are believed to have links to
insurgents in Afghanistan.
However, hardline elements of the Taliban, whose
leaders are based in southwest Pakistan, have publicly derided
Afghan government efforts to promote peace and say no talks
are possible until foreign forces leave Afghan soil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH