Prince Charles visits Afghanistan
Camp Bastion: On an unannounced trip to
Afghanistan, Britain`s Prince Charles recalled how he much he
worried when his youngest son, Harry, served in the country`s
south for 10 weeks until his secret deployment was leaked to
Charles, wearing military fatigues, spent today in
Helmand province and other parts of Afghanistan where he
listened to the security concerns of local residents and
encouraged British forces, deployed mostly in the violent
south. Since the war began, Britain has lost 276 troops.
He said that as a parent, he worried the whole time that
Harry was deployed in 2007 and 2008. He said troops can keep
themselves busy in the field, but for the relatives left
behind, it`s "ghastly."
Harry`s work in Afghanistan`s volatile Helmand province
involved foot patrols and calling in airstrikes on Taliban
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption