Prince Charles visits Afghanistan
Camp Bastion: On an unannounced trip to
Afghanistan, Britain`s Prince Charles recalled how he much he
worried when his youngest son, Harry, served in the country`s
south for 10 weeks until his secret deployment was leaked to
Charles, wearing military fatigues, spent today in
Helmand province and other parts of Afghanistan where he
listened to the security concerns of local residents and
encouraged British forces, deployed mostly in the violent
south. Since the war began, Britain has lost 276 troops.
He said that as a parent, he worried the whole time that
Harry was deployed in 2007 and 2008. He said troops can keep
themselves busy in the field, but for the relatives left
behind, it`s "ghastly."
Harry`s work in Afghanistan`s volatile Helmand province
involved foot patrols and calling in airstrikes on Taliban
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?