Prince Charles visits Afghanistan
Camp Bastion: On an unannounced trip to
Afghanistan, Britain`s Prince Charles recalled how he much he
worried when his youngest son, Harry, served in the country`s
south for 10 weeks until his secret deployment was leaked to
Charles, wearing military fatigues, spent today in
Helmand province and other parts of Afghanistan where he
listened to the security concerns of local residents and
encouraged British forces, deployed mostly in the violent
south. Since the war began, Britain has lost 276 troops.
He said that as a parent, he worried the whole time that
Harry was deployed in 2007 and 2008. He said troops can keep
themselves busy in the field, but for the relatives left
behind, it`s "ghastly."
Harry`s work in Afghanistan`s volatile Helmand province
involved foot patrols and calling in airstrikes on Taliban
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round