Prince Harry to serve in Afghanistan for 3rd time
London: Prince Harry is set to return to action in Afghanistan for a third time, according to reports.
The royal Apache gunship ace is due home in the next few weeks after his latest four-month tour in Helmand province.
Now Ministry of Defence top brass are mulling over whether to send him out again for another go at the enemy, the Daily Star reported.
During his latest tour of duty the 28-year-old prince has fired Hellfire missiles at the Taliban and flown daily missions protecting British ground troops.
Defence planners are working on detailed strategies to cover the withdrawal of troops who will need Apache protection.
Apache crews may have to serve longer than many ground units to protect British and Afghan troops during the handover to local control.
A Whitehall defence official said that Harry has been earmarked for possible recall.
Since Harry and his outfit have been very good out there, and are now highly experienced, they are sure to be called on again, the official said.
The insider believes that he could be back in Afghanistan as early as next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok