Pro-LTTE group to hold polls among diaspora
Colombo: Elections for the "transnational
government" of Tamil Eelam will be held in April, 2010 among
the diaspora of the community, a pro-LTTE group said today.
"The Advisory Committee for the Provisional Transnational
Government of Tamil Eelam is making arrangements to hold the
elections in April 2010," a statement from the group said.
"We continue to receive suggestions as well as specific
questions from the Tamil Diaspora. We are set to announce the
names of coordinators and CWGs for other countries where
Tamils live in large numbers in the coming weeks," it said.
Over the coming two months it expects to conduct
consultations with the Tamil Diaspora community to get
feedback to its proposal to date and to discuss some of the
questions that have been raised, it said in a release.
"We are set to announce the names of coordinators and
CWGs for other countries where Tamils live in large numbers in
the coming weeks. Progress is being made toward holding
elections in April 2010," it added.
"The task of forming a Provisional Transnational
Government of Tamil Eelam is a fundamentally democratic effort
to unite all Tamil entities," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef