Pro-Taliban militants blow up girls’ school in Pak
Islamabad: Pro-Taliban militants blew up a
state-run girls` school in a village in northwest Pakistan
on Tuesday though there were no casualties, police said.
The militants targeted the Government Girls` High School
at Amakhel village in Tank district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
province with an explosive device.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Basheer Khan told
reporters that the militants had planted the explosive device
on the outer wall of the school and detonated it by remote
Police cordoned off the area and defused another bomb.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Taliban, who are opposed to the education of girls,
have destroyed hundreds of schools across northwest Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday