Probe into Pakistani PM case suspended
Islamabad: The probe into the rental power projects corruption case in which the Supreme Court has ordered the arrest of Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf would remain deferred until the investigation into the death of a National Accountability Bureau (NAB) official concludes.
NAB Chairman Admiral (retd) Fasih Bukhari said the probe in the rental power plants case would remain pending until the inquiry in Kamran Faisal`s death concludes, Geo News reported Tuesday.
Kamran Faisal, an assistant director with the country`s anti-corruption agency National Accountability Bureau (NAB), was in the team probing the Rental Power Plants (RPP) case. He was found hanging Jan 18.
Bukhari said in a statement that NAB investigation officers would be provided arms training for their protection.
He said any officer facing threats or pressure would be provided protection.
The top official said they may initiate inquiry into Kamran`s death if the investigations proved unsatisfactory.
Pakistan`s Supreme Court Jan 15 ordered the arrest of Prime Minister Ashraf over his involvement in the corruption case.
Ashraf was accused of violating rules in granting rental power projects when he was minister for water and power.
The apex court had ordered the prime minister`s arrest along with 16 others -- former ministers and officials involved in the projects.
It also asked the anti-corruption panel to ensure that no one flees the country.
The apex court in its earlier verdict in March 2012 had observed that rules and regulations were violated in the projects due to which the national exchequer witnessed losses worth billions of rupees.
The court has declared the rental power projects illegal and also ordered them to be shut down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'