Promote culture to defeat terror: Pak minister
Islamabad: Terrorism can be defeated with the help of strong cultural values, a Pakistani minister has said.
"Only those nations, which have strong cultural heritage and norms, can survive (terrorism)," Dawn quoted Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Information and Culture Iftikhar Hussain as saying.
Hussain said that lobbies have worked hard for elimination of their old and sound cultural values.
He said due to that "today we are facing hardships and our culture has reached the verge of collapse".
Pakistan has been hit by a string of terror attacks, especially after Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was gunned down on May 02 by US commandos in Abbottabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?