Promote culture to defeat terror: Pak minister
Islamabad: Terrorism can be defeated with the help of strong cultural values, a Pakistani minister has said.
"Only those nations, which have strong cultural heritage and norms, can survive (terrorism)," Dawn quoted Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Information and Culture Iftikhar Hussain as saying.
Hussain said that lobbies have worked hard for elimination of their old and sound cultural values.
He said due to that "today we are facing hardships and our culture has reached the verge of collapse".
Pakistan has been hit by a string of terror attacks, especially after Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was gunned down on May 02 by US commandos in Abbottabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III