Promote culture to defeat terror: Pak minister
Islamabad: Terrorism can be defeated with the help of strong cultural values, a Pakistani minister has said.
"Only those nations, which have strong cultural heritage and norms, can survive (terrorism)," Dawn quoted Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Information and Culture Iftikhar Hussain as saying.
Hussain said that lobbies have worked hard for elimination of their old and sound cultural values.
He said due to that "today we are facing hardships and our culture has reached the verge of collapse".
Pakistan has been hit by a string of terror attacks, especially after Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was gunned down on May 02 by US commandos in Abbottabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands