Promote culture to defeat terror: Pak minister
Islamabad: Terrorism can be defeated with the help of strong cultural values, a Pakistani minister has said.
"Only those nations, which have strong cultural heritage and norms, can survive (terrorism)," Dawn quoted Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Information and Culture Iftikhar Hussain as saying.
Hussain said that lobbies have worked hard for elimination of their old and sound cultural values.
He said due to that "today we are facing hardships and our culture has reached the verge of collapse".
Pakistan has been hit by a string of terror attacks, especially after Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was gunned down on May 02 by US commandos in Abbottabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez