Promote culture to defeat terror: Pak minister
Islamabad: Terrorism can be defeated with the help of strong cultural values, a Pakistani minister has said.
"Only those nations, which have strong cultural heritage and norms, can survive (terrorism)," Dawn quoted Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Information and Culture Iftikhar Hussain as saying.
Hussain said that lobbies have worked hard for elimination of their old and sound cultural values.
He said due to that "today we are facing hardships and our culture has reached the verge of collapse".
Pakistan has been hit by a string of terror attacks, especially after Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was gunned down on May 02 by US commandos in Abbottabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details